Why Pay Tel Communications?
We are an inmate telephone company based in Greensboro, NC providing correctional phone systems and other innovative technology to confinement facilities across the United States. We are committed to diligently serving our facilities, incarcerated individuals, and their families and friends. We pride ourselves on our 36-year history of ethical business practices, unmatched customer service and technical support, and cutting-edge technology.
When you join Pay Tel you become part of a dynamic team that focuses on all areas of employee wellness: physical, financial, spiritual, emotional, and mental. These are just some of the perks of being part of the Pay Tel Family. Read more about our Mission, Vision, and Core Values. Explore Open Opportunities on LinkedIn
Employee Value Package
Pay Tel has a focus on charity and giving back to the community.
- Allocation of at least 10% of annual profits for charitable giving opportunities.
- Employees can recommend charitable organizations for financial giving on behalf of Pay Tel.
- Opportunity to participate in fundraising activities and events.
- Full-time employees are eligible for up to 20 paid hours annually for participation in volunteer services.
Pay Tel offers fun events for employees and their families. We make a point to host events that bring our employees closer together and show our appreciation for all they do. These events include employee luncheons, family fun events, our annual dinner social, and more.
Flexible and Remote Work
Pay Tel offers a flexible schedule to help balance work and home responsibilities, which includes the ability to work remotely.
Pay Tel has a commitment to fair and equitable salaries. We employ an outside consulting firm to conduct market analysis of salaries to ensure salary ranges for each role are competitive and in line using three of the most credible studies in the local area. An employee and their salary are reviewed annually and compared to the market.
Company Profit Sharing
Pay Tel allocates 10% of annual profits to be shared with employees in December each year.
Eligible after 90 days of full-time employment. Company match is 50% of employee contributions up to 6% of salary. Fully vested after 3 years.
Paid Time Off
- 10 Vacation days per year for the first 2 years of employment. Additional days are earned on a graduated schedule starting in year 3.
- 6 Sick days are available per year on January 1st.
- 9 Paid Holidays per year.
- 1 Paid day off during the employee’s birth month.
Health and Wellness
Comprehensive Medical Coverage
Multiple health insurance plan options plus dental and vision coverage. Pay Tel covers over 70% of the premium for employee AND dependent medical coverage costs, including a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) for up to $4,000 towards the deductible. Pay Tel pays 100% of the premium for disability coverages and term life insurance.
Onsite Fitness Center
Employees have FREE access to our well-equipped, 3,000 sq foot onsite fitness center 7 days a week.
Spiritual, Emotional, and Mental
Pay Tel has a focus on the personal care needs of employees and their families.
- Corporate Chaplain – Chaplain onsite weekly and available to employees and their family both virtually and in-person.
- RightNow Media – Paid subscription to RightNow Media, the world’s largest library of faith-based video resources, with access to thousands of inspirational videos anytime, anywhere.
- Bi-annual bible study program – Offered in the Spring and Fall.
Employees and their managers stay engaged through quarterly performance conversations that serve to keep everyone focused and promote healthy work relationships and habits.
Pay Tel has a focus on the educational needs of our employees.
- Tuition Reimbursement – After 1 year of service, Certificates, Associates, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs will be reimbursed if they are business or job related.
- LinkedIn Learning – Paid subscription to LinkedIn Learning platform tailored for employee training and professional development.
- RightNow Media –Paid subscription to RightNow Media which delivers professional development sessions conducted by industry leaders.
- Conferences – Opportunity for job-related conferences and new technology training.
Pay Tel is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
As a company grounded in Christian values, prayer will be included at various times in our activities. Since participation in prayer is completely voluntary, each employee is welcome to opt out or not participate. Whether an employee chooses to participate in prayer or not, that action will not affect their employment in any way, including but not limited to, employment status, performance reviews, benefits, or advancement in the company. This standard applies not only for prayer, but for any other religious activity the company offers to our employees including but not limited to Bible studies, meeting with a workplace Chaplain, daily motivational messages with a faith-based perspective, prayer requests, and participating in any faith-based activity supported by the Company.